Sunday, April 15, 2012

The campaign has begun!


Last Wednesday, I launched my Women In Jazz Book Promotional Video campaign on Indiegogo. I'm hoping to raise a little bit of money to produce a video to promote the book project and function as a tool for reaching out to potential interviewees. I'm in the early stages of the book, but so far, saxophonists Mindi Abair, Jane Ira Bloom, and Tia Fuller, and Houston-based pianist singer Pamela York have agreed to be interviewed for the book. More names will be added soon.

To get an idea of the breadth of topics I plan to cover with each participating musician, please check out the interivew I did with Mindi Abair for CultureMap Houston in November 2011.

In less than a week, I've managed to raise $200 towards my $1000 goal, which is very encouraging. The concept of the book seems to be resonating with people. If you'd like to read more about the book project and contribute to the campaign, click on the image to your right.

Later this week, an article I wrote about crowdfunding will appear on the Consumer Media Network blog will go up. In the article, I describe the crowdfunding efforts of three different artists using three different platforms, as well as my own Women In Jazz book project. I'll share the link to that article soon.

Best,

Chris Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment