Wednesday, October 19, 2016

November Readings With Music

In November, I will be doing two readings from my book Freedom of Expression: Interviews With Women in Jazz accompanied by Houston jazz pianist Pamela York. My hope is that by arranging music around specific passages from my book will reveal additional layers of meaning and history to the content. It also should be a lot more fun to listen to than just me reading solo.

The November 17 event is for a student music club at Lone Star College Kingwood.

On November 27, Pamela and I will be at Project Row Houses as a guest of Houston artist, historian, and DJ Tierney Malone, who is one of the participating artists in Round 45, curated by Public Art Director Ryan N. Dennis. Through the duration of the Round, artists will present a variety of public programs. The November 27 reading with music is free and open to the public.

Here are the dates, times, and locations:

November 17, 2017
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Lone Star College Kingwood | Choir Hall
Book lecture with music for the Camarata Club

November 20, 2017
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Project Row Houses
2521 Holman St, Houston, Texas 77004
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

And looking ahead, I will be leading a panel discussion at the Bayou City Book Festival, April 8, 2017. The panel discussion takes place 11:15 to 12:15 p.m. Panelists will include Pamela York and saxophonist Alisha Pattillo, who is also interviewed in my book.

More details to come. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment